Bacon Salt Recipe: Daveburgers
When summer comes rolling around, Christin (aka Bacon Wife) starts requesting my world famous Daveburgers. They’re simple to make but really, really good. This year, they were better than ever before as I was able to add some of our newest flavors of Bacon Salt. Enjoy!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 whole medium white or yellow onion, very finely chopped (the smaller the better)
- Your favorite flavor of Bacon Salt (I used a combination of 3/4 Applewood and 1/4 Cheddar but any flavors or combinations would work)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Toasted buns (be sure to get the good hamburger buns)
- Iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomato
Brush some oil onto the grill so the burgers don’t stick and preheat until very hot. Mix in the very finely chopped onion, the ground beef, a few turns of a black pepper grinder and very liberal doses of Bacon Salt. Roll the beef into approximately 1/4 to 1/2 lb balls, flatten them in your hands, then put onto tin foil and flatten them even further – I personally like them thin (and usually make them into double burgers) because the onions cook all the way through the burger and taste better.
Add the burgers to the grill and cook approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Add cheese at the end (optional). Add to the toasted buns with iceberg lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and Baconnaise.