In the aftermath of our fun adventures with the Poultry Pal, we needed to do something with the remaining chicken we made since we only got through about half of it. So we made a chicken and rice soup recipe that was very easy and turned out great. Here's the recipe, bon appetit!
Bacon Salt Chicken and Rice Soup
- 3 cans of chicken stock/broth
- 1/2 leftover Poultry Pal chicken, chopped into very small bites
- 2 cups steamed rice (preferably steamed with Hickory Bacon Salt the night before and refrigerated - otherwise the rice can get oversaturated in the soup)
- 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
- One can of diced tomatoes, drained and then finely chopped (I just use kitchen shears in the can)
- Original Bacon Salt to taste (usually a tablespoon or two)
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro as a garnish if you have it - I love soups and cilantro
Mix all ingredients, bring to boiling, then let bubble on the stove over low heat and covered for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Add more Original Bacon Salt to taste.