We just finished a stint at the Puyallup Fair here in Washington state, which lasts 17 days and sees over 1.3 million people pass through its gates. Some quick stats and info from the fair:
- We chose to serve frozen corn with Hickory Bacon Salt as a sample. This was very well received and is also delicious at home.
- Over 50,000 samples of Bacon Salt were given out. That's a lot of corn!
- At least 20 people that came to our booth and said that they came to the fair just to see us and buy some Bacon Salt. Really cool!
- Between the 3 of us (Justin, Kara and Dave), we ate at least 75 scones; 10 "apple wallups" (a delicious combination of dough, caramel, whip cream and sliced apples, cooked to a golden brown); 1 giant turkey leg; 15 hand dipped ice cream bars; 5 burgers; and 8 chicken fried steaks with sausage gravy and Hickory Bacon Salt - unbelievably delicious!
- One very cool video was produced based on peoples' feedback about Bacon Salt.
- Over 4,000 containers of Bacon Salt sold!
In all, a great event for us. As we meet with and start getting in stores, this was a great way to introduce and build buzz about the product locally and make some invaluable connections in the food and grocery industries. But after 17 days, we could use some footrubs, leg massages and new shoes!