This recipe was sent by a family member, and is as good as it sounds. It's got garlic, bacon and butter - a true trifecta of tastes. The Bacon Salt adds a nice color and a great smoky bacon flavor.
Bacon Salt Garlic Bread
- 1 16 oz loaf of Italian or French bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 large Tbsp of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp any flavor of Bacon Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut the bread in half horizontally. Mix butter, garlic, parsley and Bacon Salt together in a small bowl with a fork. Spread the butter mixture over each half of the bread. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle Parmesan cheese onto the halves of the bread. Return to oven on the highest rack, and broil for 2- minutes until the edges of the bread start to toast and the cheese bubbles. Watch the bread very carefully during broiling to ensure it doesn't burn! Let cool for 1-2 minutes, slice and serve.
For a less crispy version, pre-slice the bread placing some of the butter mixture between slices and wrap in foil before placing in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.