This recipe combines several of our favorite ingredients in one awesome omelet.
Bacon Salt Cheddar and Hash Brown Omelet
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2/3 of a medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 finely chopped green onions or 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon, any flavor Bacon Salt (we like Peppered with this, but Original, Jalapeno, Applewood and Cheddar all work well too)
In a non-stick pan, cook potatoes, onions and peppers in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned - try not to turn the potatoes very often so they get nice and crispy and don't fall apart before they have a chance to crisp up. Beat the eggs, milk and Bacon Salt together in a bowl and pour over potatoes. Add the cheese and green onions or chives, and cover the pan and set the heat to medium low. Cook covered for 10-15 minutes until the omelet sets. Add a little more Bacon Salt to taste, then fold over and serve.