We had some guests over for dinner last night. We wanted to make our famous Baconnaise crab dip, but one of our friends is allergic to onions. We needed something with texture, so we substituted shrimp - with really awesome results. This ended up better than the original recipe.
Baconnaise Crab Dip
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Baconnaise
- 20 medium shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives (optional)
- Any flavor Bacon Salt to taste (we like Jalapeno Bacon Salt in this a lot)
Remove tails from shrimp. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add chopped garlic. Heat for 1-2 minutes (be careful not to let the garlic burn) then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp until pink/opaque. Drain the shrimp and garlic, then coarsely chop the shrimp into very small chunks.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the cream cheese, Baconnaise, crab, shrimp, garlic powder, chives (optional) and Bacon Salt in a a mixing bowl. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot with sliced French bread.