We had this again this weekend - it's definitely becoming a frequently requested entertaining standard - and thought it was worth reposting the recipe with a couple of small improvements. The end result was described by one guest as "the perfect dip."
Baconnaise Crab Dip
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Baconnaise
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped Chives (optional)
- Any flavor Bacon Salt to taste (we like Jalapeno Bacon Salt in this a lot)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix the cream cheese, onion, Baconnaise, crab, garlic powder and Bacon Salt in a a mixing bowl. Spread it into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot with French bread or water crackers.