Great writeup today on Bacon Salt in The Dalles Chronicle in Dalles, Oregon. The writer - Rodger Nichols - is a member of our new favorite message board, The Straight Dope, and saw some of the bacon buzz happening there. So it's only fitting that he get the full scoop on Bacon Salt in the newspaper community (although, to be fair, there was a small writeup in the Riverside, CA Press-Enterprise).
There have been some really funny quotes about Bacon Salt around the web that we're really having a good time with. Our recent favorites are:
- I wear the heels in this relationship called Bacon Salt "love in salt form." With her permission, that will go in our marketing materials!
- TSoPB created the word "bacontrulescent" and said of Bacon Salt "This is what the people who left the repressive intolerance of England for liberty and justice in America for: the freedom to enjoy pork–flavoring on their vegetables."
- Chad Wright is acting as a human guinea pig for his friends, and so far seems impressed by Bacon Salt
- Dave at Davespicks.com is "drooling and making Homer noises at the thought of eating Bacon Salt."
- The Bacon & Money blog says "Never before have I been so excited to receive a package in the mail. It will be like a tiny Bacon Chirstmas, I think."
About 600 of you or so should be having Bacon Christmases in the near future - in the last 3 days, we've gotten just about caught up on orders and sent out about that many packages in the mail. We worked until 2am the past few nights making it happen (and promise to never again get that far behind on orders!). The neighborhood USPS carrier - a very nice, 4'8" 85 lb woman with a bad back - officially hates us, but it's in the mail!