I met with a chef at a respected restaurant/pub last week. It's great to see someone who has gone to culinary school start to experiment with the flavors. When Bacon Salt is on the menu there, we'll be putting up a post about it here. Here was his feedback after they had a chance to experiment (we can't wait to see what else they come up with!):
We tried it on a few things and had good comments/feedback, here's some things we tried it on/with:
- Bacon, haha it was as good as you said, one of my cooks said "it's like bacon on steroids."
- Smoked Salmon Chowder, totally amazing, great backing smoky flavor and aroma, plus like we talked about NO actual bacon
- Vegetarian Five Bean Soup, once again totally amazing
- Potato Cake/Croquette: Awesome aroma, totally rounds out the flavor
- Green Beans, Asparagus, Summer Squash
- French Fries and Sweet Potato Fries
- Ranch Dressing, amazing...bacon ranch dressing is my new favorite
I have tons of other ideas too, including some with duck breasts, in warm dressings/vinaigrettes, other soups, etc...